ELIX Polymers, a member of Sinochem, is a leading manufacturer of ABS (Acrylonitrile-Butadiene-Styrene) resins and derivatives in Europe.
Operating from its head office in Tarragona, Spain, and with sales support teams in all key markets, the company is a specialist provider of tailor-made solutions for high quality thermoplastics applications for a variety of industries as Healthcare, Automotive, Appliances, Electronic, Toys and other industries.
Angel Lampreave is an IT manager at ELIX Polymers. In their Spanish head office, he and his IT team use Jira Service Desk to support all ELIX Polymers employees with their technical issues.
This problem is a familiar one for IT support staff: The internal customer has opened a ticket, but you need more information to solve the problem. Sometimes, customers just want to stay up to date on the progress – or the IT team member wants to quickly discuss a proposed solution. However, there is one thing customers definitely don’t want, and that’s to have to click through Jira Service Desk.
The internal customers at ELIX Polymers use Microsoft Teams as their ‘home turf’. Angel and his colleagues didn’t have any common ground software with their customers – they simply use different tools.
yasoon’s Microsoft Teams for Jira app delivers that missing common ground. Now, Angel and his team can start a Microsoft Teams conversation right in the Jira Service Desk issue. It ‘beams’ them into the customers’ world, and makes it easy for customers to be part of the discussion – without leaving Microsoft Teams. This deep integration, offering much more than simple notifications, is exclusive to yasoon.
Angel’s team uses the group chat function to reach out to customers. They start a Microsoft Teams chat in the Jira issue – with his IT support colleagues, partners and the internal customer. Once the conversation has been linked with the issue, both tools automatically stay up-to-date at all times.
For Angel, this makes communicating with customers child’s play. Using Microsoft Teams group chat function, the internal colleague can sort out problems easily, and answer any queries quickly. No-one has to leave their home turf or constantly switch between tools. And even with this level of convenience, you can be sure that all the information is delivered reliably.
I can assure it will be a winner! It will become as indispensable as its sister Outlook Email for Jira, and I would say even more. It’s changing the focus from mail to chat, a must when you need fast interaction with users. It saves us lots of time from jumping between different systems.
IT manager, ELIX Polymers
About ELIX Polymers
- Company name: ELIX Polymers SLU
- Location: Tarragona, Spain
- Industry: Chemical industry
- Products: ABS (Acrylonitrile-Butadiene-Styrene) resins and derivatives
- Employees: 258
- About: ELIX Polymers, a member of Sinochem, is a leading manufacturer of ABS (Acrylonitrile-Butadiene-Styrene) resins and derivatives in Europe. Operating from its head office in Tarragona, Spain, and with Sales support teams in all key markets, the company is a specialist provider of tailor-made solutions for high quality thermoplastics applications. With a 45-year track record, ELIX Polymers is an expert in ABS polymers, and it has the resources, the expertise, and the experience to create value for its customers through highly individual solutions. ELIX Polymers offers a broad range of material solutions for a variety of industries and applications, meeting the stringent requirements of the Healthcare, Automotive, Appliances, Electronic, Toys and other industries.